Viewing this webinar requires some basic information. This data is only used within SCORE and will not be distributed to any third parties.
Have you ever dreamed of owning your own business but don’t know where to start? Do you have the passion and work ethic but need education and guidance?
Being a small business owner is exciting, but understanding the lifestyle will clarify if it is right for you. Join us in this informative webinar and learn what it takes to be a successful business owner.
Topics covered include:
- Do you have the right business idea?
- Myths and realities of business ownership
- Discover different business structures
- How many hats will you have to wear?
- Top 4 reasons why small businesses fail and how to avoid them
- Legal considerations
- Free tools provided by SCORE to help you with your startup business.
Presented by Sylvia Crew: Sylvia has been in business for over 15 years providing accounting and financial management services to small credit unions. Prior to starting her own business, she was a chief financial officer in the banking and credit union industry. She also is a real estate investor. She received her degree from Pepperdine University in Business Management. She is a volunteer with SCORE, a non-profit association and resource partner with the SBA that provides free mentoring and low-cost business workshops to new and existing businesses.